I wash my face with raw honey every night, and it is the greatest thing ever. Here’s why:
- It smells so good
- It makes my skin GLOW kind of
- Honey = nature’s magic
And by magic I mean:
In other words, it is everything my skin needs! It fights acne and leaves my skin soft and neither dry nor oily. I LOVE it.
Here’s the back story. Growing up, my skin sucked. I went through all the stages: denial, facial washes, shame, tea-tree oil, frustration, prescribed antibiotics, and finally, a half-hearted acceptance. The antibiotics kind of sort of worked for a few weeks but who wants to put antibiotics in their bodies on a daily basis? Not me. So I stopped.
Then my mom (AKA Wise Woman AKA She Who Knows All) said, “Why don’t you try honey, honey? I was reading about it.”
She gave me this article to read. I read it, tried it, and never looked back. I’ve been washing my face with honey for three years now, and in my experience, my skin is much clearer and less dry than before I used honey! If I get lazy and take a few nights off, I start wondering why I’m breaking out and start wandering the lotion aisle examining expensive face moisturizers. Then I snap out of it and go back to washing my face with honey. Has worked every time.
I also have very high hopes that over time the honey will heal the left-over skin scars. Will let you know.
Tips for Washing Your Face With Honey
- Use raw and unfiltered honey. (We want all those good properties. Read more about why you want this kind of honey here.)
- Make sure the honey is 100% honey! Food fraud happens. The best way to be sure your honey is legit is to stick with small, local-if-possible honey companies and call them to make sure they don’t add any corn syrup or anything. This is the honey I like to use.
- Use a spoon to scoop up about half a teaspoon or so of honey, and massage it into your skin. You can leave it for a little as a mask or just…
- Wash off with a washcloth. (I left out this step when telling a friend once, and 10 minutes later she asks me, patting her face, “So does the stickiness just go away eventually?” :D)
- Add a little brown sugar if you want to make it a scrub.
Would you try this? Want to try this and let me know how it goes? Any amazing honey miracle stories you want to share??
Have a great day!
And wash your face with honey. 🙂